Prestwick Golf Club is one of the Twin Cities’ Premier Public Golf Courses. At Prestwick Golf Club our mission is to provide our diverse, daily fee customer with a world-class, though highly accessible, experience at an impeccably maintained facility from the time you step foot in our shop until the time you hole out on 18. Come join the fun!
- 18 hole par 72 championship course renovated by Kurt Sandness
- 5 sets of tee boxes for all abilities
- Ranked Top 3 public course experience in MN – StarTribune
- 4.5 Star Facility – Golf Digest
- “Golf Course of the Year” – MGCOA
- Electric carts with GPS
- Commitment to pace of play. 4hr – 4hr 15min
- First Class public practice facility: 40-station teeing area on a 2-sided driving range, 6 target greens and new golf balls each year, 1 short game area with bunker, 6,000 square foot putting green.
- The Wick, our full service Pub and Grill, overlooks the 18th green and fairway. Our beautiful ballroom caters to large banquets, golf outings and weddings.
- Dress code for men: Collared shirt, closed toe shoes (no cut-offs, tee-shirts, or athletic shorts). Shorts & cargo shorts are permitted.
Meet The Staff
Tom Wahl - PGA Head Professional
‘Providing our customers with a world-class golfing experience’ is our mission.
Joan Makres - Tournament Director
Joan would love to help you create the golf event of your dreams! Contact her now!
John Potter - Director of Instruction
John rejoins the Prestwick staff in 2019 as our Director of Instruction. John has played many years of competitive golf at the highest levels and has a true passion and talent in teaching the game. John started at Prestwick in 2012 as our 1st Assistant Professional but will now be spending the majority of his time where it is highly demanded – the lesson tee. Whether it’s your first time holding a golf club or you’re pursuing a career on golf’s biggest stage, John has the expertise to take your game to the next level. From overcoming mental obstacles to implementing exercise regimens, John’s ongoing education, Ping Academy Certifications, and involvement with Titleist Performance Institute will provide you the knowledge and framework to meet your goals.
Jack Ganzer - Assistant Golf Professional
Jack joined Prestwick in 2016 as an intern from the University of Wisconsin-Stout where he received his bachelor’s degree in Golf Enterprise Management. Since joining the staff Jack has taken on managing all of the leagues, assisting Joan with our tournaments, running multiple junior golf programs, is in charge of staffing the outside service crew and continually updates his certifications on all Titleist products. He can help you out find the best clubs and golf ball for your game. If you have any questions feel free to call the golf shop!
The Wick Pub and Grill at Prestwick
Located in the gracious clubhouse is a welcoming bar and restaurant where you can enjoy an excellent meal in our beautiful surroundings. Come in and relax as our expert staff serves you one of our favorite drinks or fabulous Scottish inspired dishes. Settle into a cozy leather booth, quaint fireside table, scenic window table or enjoy the large terrace overlooking the course for outdoor dining.
The Prestwick Ballroom
is the perfect place to hold your wedding reception, business meeting, company conference, anniversary or birthday celebrations, or any other social event. Our banquet room has a seating capacity of up to 250 people (additional spaces available). Call Nikki Mackondy for more information, 651-294-3165.